Thursday, May 26, 2011

Jean Shorts

I saw this picture of Leah Michelle and remembered that I had some boyfriend jeans that I don't wear anymore because they were too ripped around my knees and I look a little homeless wearing them. So, I decided to turn them into shorts. 

Since my legs don't look like that I can't really wear shorts that short so I will make my shorts look something between Leah's and these other shorts.
This is a very easy project. All you have to do is take the jeans and measure how long you want them to be. Since my legs are a little big I need my shorts to be about 6 or 7 inches long.




Cut them longer that 6 or 7 inches if you plan on rolling them up. After cutting them make sure they are the length you want and then roll them up to make them a little shorter.


After folding the jeans two or three times sew the sides of the shorts to keep the rolled up ends from unfolding.

The last step is to use and iron to make sure that the "rolled up"effect stays in place. 


I am no Leah Michelle but they came out pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment