Monday, May 30, 2011

Braided Necklace

I saw a braided necklace at Forever 21 and thought to myself "I can do that!" The necklace had some beads, a thin chain and leather or some kind of rope. To create my own version I used:

Glass beads in a bronze color:


A chain and a thin leather cord:



And some kind of clasp to finish the necklace:


sterling-silver-clasps.jpg

The steps are to simply braid the three strands (leather, beads, chain) together and then tie at the ends with the clasp. The chain that I used was not the best because the hoops were too long so it was not easy to braid and the braid does not look smooth. If you do this necklace, try to use a chain with all hoops of the same size also to make the braid look sharper. 

I am not very happy with the results because it doesn't really look like a braid. But I may still wear it sometime any way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment