Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Cord Bracelet

I decided to start my DIY summer by making something easy. I decided to make a bracelet based on one I saw on honestlywtf.com a few weeks ago. I bought a white cord and some spacers from Industrial Chic at Michael's.

I started by cutting three strands of white cord and tying them together with a knot. 
I braided the three strands in a simple braid and then I started adding the spacers one by one. Before I braided the far left strand I pushed in the metal spacer and then braided the middle strand and added the next metal spacer before braiding the far right strand. I repeated this step three times. 
I added six metal spacers or embellishments and then braided the cord by itself before adding six more embellishments. 


To finish the bracelet I made a hoop on one end and a triple knot on the other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment