Monday, May 30, 2011

"Friendship" Anklet


Last week I spend some time with my 8 year old cousin and she asked me to make her a bracelet from a little book I gave her last year that has all kinds of bracelets designs for kids to make. We picked a twisted friendship bracelet to make and it came out great. 



I decided to make another version of this twisted bracelet but make it into a anklet. I always wear an anklet in the summer. They make me feel like I'm in some kind of tropical place when I wear them. 
Since I am not eight years old I decided to use black for my bracelet and tried adding some embellishments to make it look a little bit grown up. 

To make this bracelet/anklet you need a cord or thicker threat as the core threat and threat of any color to tie around it. It can be multi-color like my cousin's bracelet (above) by tying all colors together and alternating threats as you go. I am using black threat only for this particular anklet. 

To start, tie the threats together. Then hold the knotting thread (black) in your left hand, take it over the core threads or cord (white, in this case) and back under making a loop around the core threads, pull this loop up tight to the top of the core cord.
I added some golden hoops to the white cord as an embellishment when I was done with about 1/3 of the desired length. 
After adding the desired embellishments finish the rest of the bracelet by following the first step over an over until reaching the desired length. 


I actually really like how it came out!
                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment